For the past decade, the Dr. You-Bao Shao Overseas Chinese Documentation Center in Ohio University Library has been co-organizing the International Conferences of Institutes and Libraries for Chinese Overseas Studies with different host institutions in Hong Kong (2003), Singapore (2005), and most recently China, in Jinan University in Guangzhou, China (2009). They have been very successful in bringing librarians, institutes, and scholars in Chinese Overseas Studies together, not only in providing a platform for librarians and curators to interact and exchange ideas with scholars and collectors from Asia, the Americas and Europe, but also a platform for tackling issues in collection development, access, preservation, and information-sharing in the field of Chinese overseas.
The University of British Columbia and the Ohio University Libraries will be jointly hosting the 5th WCILCOS International Conference of Institutes and Libraries on Chinese Overseas Studies in Vancouver, B.C. Canada, May 16th-18th 2012. The Asian Library of the University of British Columbia is prestigiously placed and equipped to host the next WCILCOS Conference in North America. The return of the Conference to North America is also a recognition of the rapid expansion of Chinese American studies and its related fields in the region.
The WCILCOS (World Confederation of institutes and libraries in Chinese Overseas Studies) is a federation established by participating institutes and libraries in a Chinese Overseas Studies conference in Athens, Ohio, in 2000, to facilitate co-operation between scholarship and documentation, and between institutes, libraries, and archives in different parts of the world. Registered in Ohio, it is non-profit and non-political. No membership dues are collected. Since the inception of WCILCOS in 2000, the Shao Center has served as its secretariat, and devoting its resources to the Confederation’s goals and visions.
Dr. Henry Yu University of British Columbia
Dr. Zhuang GuoTu Xiamen University
Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 Opening Ceremony
Thursday, May 17th, 2012 Conference Sessions
Friday, May 18th, 2012 Conference Sessions & Closing Ceremony
Saturday, May 19th, 2012 City Tour (Optional)
Since the first WCILCOS Conference held in Athens, USA in 2000, the meeting has built an impressive reputation over the years in the field of Overseas Chinese research and librarianship. Previous conferences have attracted participants from the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Australia. With three sponsors already committed, we are offering the following packages to more organizations / vendors / individuals who are interested to be part of this exciting event. If you would like to discuss other parameters of sponsorship, please contact Eleanor Yuen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-822-5905 to discuss further.
Gold Sponsors | One-time contribution of CAD $2,000
- One (1) exhibition booth at the main venue of the conference
- Two (2) complimentary registration (includes 2 dinners (opening/closing) and 2 lunches (17th &18th) for each of the two representatives)
- Acknowledgement of Gold Sponsorship at the opening ceremony
- Top logo placement on conference banner
- Top logo placement on conference program package
- Top logo placement on conference website
Silver Sponsors | One-time contribution of CAD $1,000
- Two (2) complimentary registration (includes 2 dinners (opening/closing) and 2 lunches (17th &18th) for each of the two representatives
- Second rank logo placement on conference banner
- Second rank logo placement on conference program package
- Second rank logo placement on conference website
Bronze Sponsors | One-time contribution of CAD $500
- Logo placement on conference banner
- Logo placement on conference program package
- Logo placement on conference website