The conference now seeks roundtable, panel and paper proposals as well as poster presentations revolving around, but not limited to, the following topics:
- New Patterns of Migration
- Chinese Overseas Heritage Treasures: Transnational Discovery & Delivery
- Comparative Studies of Chinatowns in Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas
- Overseas Chinese Rare Collections
- Emerging Communities and Descendants of Pioneers
- Ethnic Relations
- Identity Issues, Values and Culture
- Organizations, Documentations, Archives and Networks
- Immigration and Emigration Policies
- Chinese Overseas Literature
Proposals are welcome from academics, librarians, graduate students and undergraduate students. Continuing with the WCILCOS tradition, the conference will accept papers in both English and Chinese. For individual papers/ posters please submit a 300-500 word abstract, a 150 word personal bio and a CV of no more than 2 pages. Abstracts should include a phone number and email address. For panel presentations, please submit a panel abstract of 450 words or less, along with the names and paper titles of each presenter, contact information [phone and email] for the primary contact person, and a CV of no more than 2 pages for each presenter. Panels should include 3-4 presenters. We will provide moderators for each panel session.
Please email the abstract and proposal to email@example.com. All abstracts, bio and CV should be sent in one single attachment in either Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text File (.rtf) format. Name the attachment with your last name and the words “paper proposal” (for individual paper) or the panel organizer’s last name and the words “panel proposal” (for panel presentation). The text should be prepared on letter/A4 size paper (8.5”x11”), single-spaced, and in 12-point font.
Abstract Submission – September 15, 2011
Acceptance Notification – November 15, 2011
Final Paper Submission – February 15, 2012